ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The NIE invites applications for the Technical Specialist position in the Physical Education & Sports Science Academic Group (PESS AG). This is a 2-year contract post.
Sports Facilities Office
• Assist in procurement of sports facilities’ maintenance contracts and equipment.
• On-site supervision of maintenance works.
• Assist in internal and external bookings of sports facilities and billings for the usage of facilities by external organisations.
• Assist faculty members to set up sports equipment for classes.
• Provide logistics support for sports-related events.
• Assist in the setting up of equipment at individual stations for physical proficiency tests.
• Perform regular inspection of sports facilities to ensure that users adhere to rules and regulations and to inform supervisor in the event when faulty equipment are spotted.
• Conduct briefing for visitors to PESS sports facilities.
• Conduct safety briefing for users of PESS sports facilities.
• Opening and locking of all sports facilities when on duty.
• Perform counter duties such as issuing of equipment and booking of facilities.
• Perform inspection of fitness rooms particularly during peak hours’ usage
• Perform first aid duties in the event of injuries.
• Perform any other duties assigned by PESS management.
• A Polytechnic Diploma in Sport Management, Exercise or Sports Science or other relevant qualifications.
• Relevant experience in handling and managing sporting equipment/facilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes.
• Experience in life-saving with a valid Bronze Medallion Certificate would be an advantage.
• Training in First Aid & AED would be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Able to perform shift work. (Working hours: Morning shift: 8am to 5.15pm, Afternoon shift: 12.45pm to 10pm)
Microsoft Office, First Aid & AED