The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The Academic Computing and Information Services (ACIS) at the National Institute of Education invites suitable candidates to serve as a Senior Systems Consultant / Systems Consultant in the Infrastructure and Database Department.
- Design and implement hybrid cloud platforms in accordance with corporate security guidelines.
- Lead the internal IT teams in adopting DevOps, automation, hybrid cloud operations.
- Develop and operate continuous integration and deployment pipelines for production systems.
- Manage and support the delivery of in-house and outsourced IT projects and services.
- Plan, design, implement, manage and maintain the server, storage and virtualised infrastructure deployed in the data centre.
- Manage system availability, capacity, incident, problem resolution and asset lifecycle management.
- Evaluate, recommend and acquire systems and products for the Institute.
- Participate in developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- A University Degree in Computer/Electronics Engineering or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Linux / Windows administration and patch management.
- Experience in DevOps automation, orchestration, containerisation and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of server and storage technologies, virtualisation and networking.
- Cloud certifications from AWS, Azure or Google will be advantageous.
- Certifications such as CITPM, PMP, VCP, ITIL and CCNA are preferred.
- Self-motivated team player with positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with stakeholders across levels.
- Seniority of appointment will commensurate with relevant work experience.
- NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Linux / Windows administration and patch management, DevOps automation, Orchestration, Containerisation and Monitoring