The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The Academic Computing and Information Services (ACIS) at the National Institute of Education invites suitable candidates to serve as a Senior Network Consultant / Network Consultant in the Infrastructure and Database Department. Preference will be given to individuals with campus wired and wireless management experience.
• Design and manage the campus LAN and WAN infrastructure including structured cabling, routers, switches, UPS, DNS and syslog
• Manage network appliances such as firewalls, IPS, load balancers, packet shaper, web proxy and VPN
• Perform network availability, capacity, incident, problem and asset lifecycle management
• Develop and review standards, procedures and documentation for network operations
• Execute, review and update the business continuity and IT disaster recovery plans
• Work closely with end-users, support staff and vendors on network implementation and maintenance
• Work on weekends occasionally for preventive maintenance and project-related activities, provide on-call rotational support coverage and 24-hour response for emergencies
• A Degree in IT/Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
• At least 8 years of working experience in enterprise network management and Internet services
• At least 5 years of project management experience and has completed at least 3 medium-sized network upgrade or deployment projects
• Experience with networking protocols such as DNS, DHCP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF, VPN, wireless technology and information security
• Working knowledge and hands-on experience with routers and switches (Cisco, Juniper), bandwidth management (Allot, Blue Coat), firewalls (Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto), intrusion prevention (Cisco, McAfee, SourceFire), link load-balancing (F5, Radware), load balancing (Citrix, F5), wireless (Aruba, Cisco, Huawei) and network management (Cisco, SolarWinds). Must be able to perform Level 3 troubleshooting
• Experience in ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System and ISO 27001 Information Security Management System are preferred
• Certifications in ITIL, Cisco CCNP or CWDP or CCIE are preferred
• An aptitude for keeping up to date with the latest technologies like micro-segmentation, containers, Kubernetes, virtualisation and multimedia
• Good team leader with strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills with planning, facilitation, problem-solving and organising capabilities
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and ability to work independently
- Seniority of appointment will commensurate with relevant work experience
- NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.