ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute, and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education, and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research. Read more about NIE here.
NIE invites applications for a Senior Learning Strategist/ Learning Strategist position in the Centre for Innovation in Learning. This is a 2-year contract position.
Collaborate with fellow Learning Strategists to:
● Analyse Capability Development needs for faculty related to the design, development and evaluation of learner-centred blended courses and assessment literacy.
● Research and apply Adult Learning theories, strategies, and appropriate educational technology tools to design, develop and facilitate face-to-face and online tech-enhanced workshops for faculty.
● Identify the learning needs of specialists within IN-Learning in the areas of learning design and technology.
● Design, develop and facilitate initiatives to coach the different specialists within IN-L in the area of learning design and technology.
● Maintain knowledge of learning sciences and remain abreast of best and innovative teaching and learning practices in higher education (e.g. personalised learning, adaptive learning, e-assessment, hybrid learning).
Collaborate with NIE faculty to:
● Identify learning needs for courses they teach.
● Propose frameworks, new/enhanced learning outcomes and tech-enabled teaching and learning strategies and assessments as part of course redesigning.
● Propose appropriate educational technology to overcome gaps and enhance the learning outcomes of the courses.
● Ensure Constructive Alignment of the learning outcomes with the learning activities and assessment in a course.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to:
● Research, develop and present pedagogically sound (grounded in learning theories) and innovative design solutions with the project team, to stakeholders.
● Research and evaluate frameworks and educational technology tools for implementation to optimise and innovate teaching, learning and assessment practices in NIE.
● Research, write grant proposals and develop tech-enabled learning solutions.
● Collaborate on initiatives with IN-Learning's Community Engagement and Partnership team to share learning sciences knowledge institute-wide.
● Carry out Action Research by:
○ conceptualising frameworks and methodologies,
○ designing evaluation instruments,
○ gathering and analysing data (e.g., Learning Analytics),
○ formulating decisions that will enhance the effectiveness of learning experiences and our Capability Development initiatives.
● Participate in special projects on teaching and learning as required.
● A bachelor’s degree for the Learning Strategist role. A Master of Arts in Instructional Design & Technology; Master of Education in Learning Sciences; PhD in Learning Sciences or related disciplines is preferred for the Senior Learning Strategist role.
● At least 2 years’ experience in Adult Learning and Training, Learning Analytics or related instructional design and development experience for the Learning Strategist role. At least 5+ years of experience in Learning Sciences & Technologies or related disciplines for the Senior Learning Strategist role.
● Expert knowledge of applying Adult Learning theories in the design of Blended Learning experiences.
● Possess good analytical skills to facilitate the interpretation of data for decision-making purposes.
● Good face-to-face and online facilitation skills preferred.
● Experience in working with Learning Management Systems.
● Ability to work using Google Workspace.
● Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
● Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or support documentation.
● Possess good creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Work Experience Level:
good analytical skills, Expert knowledge of applying Adult Learning theories in the design of Blended Learning experiences