ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites suitable applications for the position of Senior / Assistant Head, Strategic Planning and Engagement in the Office of Strategic Planning & Academic Quality (SPAQ). This is a 2-year contract post.
• Assist and support the HOD in the oversight and execution of NIE’s strategic planning and engagement processes.
• Provide secretariat support and follow-through for key senior management meetings.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the NIE strategic plan, including monitoring, communicating and reporting on strategic initiatives and success indicators.
• Assist and support in conceptualising, organising and managing appropriate strategic engagement activities for NIE senior leadership, appointment holders, and senior staff – including management retreats, annual strategic reviews, annual addresses, etc.
• Lead, support or facilitate specific corporate project initiatives arising from the Strategic Plan such as Steering Committees / Taskforces / Programme Reviews / Strategic Projects.
• Support the HOD in the management of the office, which may include the department’s budget, assets, and physical spaces.
• May support the HOD / Supervising Officer and partner other key process owners in formulating and executing the Annual Work Planning and Budgeting Cycle.
• Lead or assist in ad-hoc or special projects / institutional events as required by the HOD.
• A University degree. Graduates with a degree or major in communication, English or the liberal studies are encouraged to apply.
• Minimal 5 years’ relevant working experience, with a strong interest and track record in strategic planning, organisational development and/or copywriting and editing.
• Excellent conceptualisation and analytical skills.
• Outstanding written communication and copywriting skills.
• Highly meticulous and able to analyse / make sense of large quantities of information on a daily basis.
• High proficiency in MS Office with some working knowledge of document / information management systems.
• Self-starter, adaptable to change, and able to work under pressure and to meet tight timelines.
• Strong team player with a pleasant disposition.
• Willingness to learn and develop capabilities, and to acquire and share new knowledge.
• Values and attributes demonstrating integrity, professionalism, and a service mentality.
• Working experience in a public-funded educational institution is useful but not mandatory.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE Staff can take chartered buses at their own expenses from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.