ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites applications for a Learning Data Specialist position in the Centre for Innovation in Learning.
- Work with fellow Learning Data Specialists to examine department and project level datasets using data analysis tools to optimise learning and the learning environment at NIE.
- To collaborate across teams:
- to develop insights and strategies for faculty engagement, academic development and teaching & learning and develop emerging technologies to innovate.
- to assess needs for faculty related to the design, development and evaluation of learner-centred blended courses and course requirements.
- to identify strategies, and appropriate tools to design, develop and facilitate face-to-face and online tech-enhanced workshops (i.e., blended learning) as part of capability development for faculty.
- Remain abreast of best and innovative teaching and learning practices in higher education (e.g., regarding personalised learning, adaptive learning, e-assessment, hybrid learning).
- Collaborate on initiatives with IN-Learning's Community Engagement and Partnership team to share institute-wide knowledge.
- Carry out action research by:
- conceptualising frameworks and methodologies,
- designing evaluation instruments,
- gathering and analysing data (e.g., Learning Analytics)
- formulating decisions that will enhance the effectiveness of learning experiences and our Capability Development initiatives.
- Participate in special projects on teaching and learning as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to Education, Learning Sciences, Business/Data Analytics, Applied Statistics and Technology for the Learning Data Specialist / Learning Strategist post.
- At least 2 years’ experience in learning analytics or related instructional design and development experience.
- Possess good analytical skills to facilitate interpretation of data for decision-making purposes.
- Well-versed with ICT tools for education.
- Experience in working with Learning Management Systems.
- Having teaching experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams.
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or support documentation.
- Possess good creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally meticulous in work details.
- Experience in using data visualization tools will be an advantage.