ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The Academic Computing and Information Services (ACIS) division of NIE oversees and supports the information communication technologies (ICT) needs of NIE. We invite applications for the position of ICT Support Engineer in the ACIS division. This is a 3-year contract position. Join us for an exciting career as we work towards transforming the education landscape in Singapore.
The ICT Support Engineer reports to the Unit Head, IT Service Delivery of the Service Management Department. His/her primary responsibility is to provide ICT support to NIE stakeholders, identify root causes, offer appropriate solutions, and escalate to suppliers if necessary. He/she will mainly focus on establishing the essential technical know-how, ensuring prompt resolution to equipment and service failure, and working closely with the service desk, engineers, end users and project managers to ensure proper operation and good end-user experience.
• Handle customers’ requests that include IT/AV-related issues/complaints and attend to their requests in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
• Provide technical support for IT/AV-related incidents via various customer touchpoints by performing technical analysis and carrying out both preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Provide IT/AV support for events, lessons, meetings, and video conferences, which may require working beyond office hours if necessary.
• Provide corrective and preventive maintenance for IT/AV Systems in NIE Learning Spaces (i.e. collaborative classrooms, tutorial rooms, lecture theatres, teaching rooms/labs and meeting rooms).
• Track and report assigned tasks completion and meeting SLA targets.
• Document IT/AV-related problems and resolution procedures in the Knowledge Base for future reference.
• Create and maintain technical documentation related to the configuration of IT/AV equipment and components.
• Collaborate with the cybersecurity team to perform regular assessment and mitigation on the endpoint’s security and integrity level, ensuring compliance with NIE IT security guidelines and national regulations.
• Participate in IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery programmes.
• Assist in the evaluation and procurement of IT/AV equipment and solutions. Ensure seamless end-to-end delivery of services and solutions to customers and stakeholders.
• Maintain centralised records/database of IT/AV assets.
• Carry out onsite physical asset verification, update of assets and report the findings for audit reconciliation.
• Undertake IT/AV-related initiatives/projects that drive greater efficiency and effectiveness of the division.
• Contribute to the continual service improvement of IT/AV services and processes by participating in ideation activities or project groups.
• Minimally a Diploma in Information & Communication Technology or equivalent.
• Preferably with 3 years of experience in ICT support with good customer service skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication, both written and oral, skills.
• Proactive, self-motivated, resilient, and work well under pressure.
• A good team player with creativity and resourcefulness.
• Keen on discovering and assessing new technology for productivity purposes.
• Result-oriented with a strong sense of accountability for accomplishing assignments within timelines.
• Works collaboratively with peers and technical team at various levels in the organisation.
• Good knowledge and skills in computer troubleshooting, network, applications, and operating systems support such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Macintosh Operating system and/or mobile device configuration.
• Good working knowledge of audio/video equipment.
• Proficient in problem diagnostics and resolution, with the ability to work autonomously.
• Certification in IT Information Library (ITIL) Foundation and good experience with ITIL best practices is an advantage.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of bus routes and seats.
Req ID: R00014873
Nice to Have Skills:
Good knowledge and skills in computer troubleshooting, network, applications, and operating systems support such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Macintosh Operating system and/or mobile device configuration.