ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute, and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education, and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites applications to join us as Executive/Senior Executive to assist with academic administrative matters managed by the Office of Academic Administration and Services.
The Executive/Senior Executive will provide administrative support to the department in the following areas:
• Administer the admission exercises for Diploma programmes, Diploma in Special Education programmes, Postgraduate Diploma programmes, Graduate programmes and Leadership programmes.
• Manage and maintain accurate records of students in the student management system.
• Manage leave application enquiries from students and approvers.
• Retrieval of student records from existing system and various archival mediums to support a variety of requests from students and alumni.
• Identify and procure the services of vendor to carry out archival exercise of students’ dossiers files.
• Manage the entire archival exercise of students' dossiers including disposal of documents after the exercise is completed.
• Perform User Acceptance Tests on Student Management System.
• Assist in Verification of Documents exercise.
• Assist in examination duties and graduation ceremonies.
• Assume additional duties such as coordinator for hiring of temporary staff by the department.
• Support departmental activities and carry out other tasks that are assigned from time to time.
• A Polytechnic Diploma. Information Technology background is advantageous.
• At least 4 years of administrative experience in tertiary institutions, particularly in admissions.
• Meticulous attention to detail with a high level of accuracy in work.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Proficiency in multitasking and managing several tasks concurrently.
• Proactive and solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
• Able to stay calm under pressure and produce quality work.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Customer-centric and works well with prospective students, students, and academic staff.
• Able to work independently and a good team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Responsible and reliable with a high level of work commitment
This role requires someone who can manage multiple responsibilities efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in administering the admissions exercises and maintenance of student records of the institute.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Organizational skills, Communication skills