ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute, and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education, and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The Learning Sciences & Assessment Academic Group (LSA AG), NIE is looking for a suitable candidate to join us as an Executive. This role will provide you the experience and opportunity to work in a dynamic Academic Group with faculty members, staff and students of NIE/NTU.
• In charge of finance and procurement for LSA AG by assisting with small value and asset purchases, invitations to quote in accordance with NTU procurement system.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monitor the stock level of office supplies. Ensure goods are timely delivered, charges are accurately billed, and expenses spent within the allocated budget.
• Provide support to Programme Leaders for the administration of pre-service, graduate and professional development courses.
• Course preparation and support – timetable planning, manage and administer courses by offering, scheduling, assigning course instructors and booking classrooms.
• Responsible for the smooth operation of the programmes including attending to students’ enquiries and liaising with the course instructors.
• Maintain and monitor the training records of administrative staff.
• General office administration and support to faculty members.
• Provide administrative and logistics support in LSA AG events.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• A Polytechnic Diploma.
• Experience in an educational environment would be an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Excel and Word) as well as different communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Able to work independently and effectively in a team.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Microsoft Office, Interpersonal and communication skills