health & wellness benefits
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invite suitable candidates to join the Academic Computing and Information Services division (ACIS) as the Manager/Assistant Manager, Administration.
The Manager/Assistant Manager, Administration will provide the administrative and secretariat support to the division, assists in the implementation of directives in the institute and promotes initiatives through various programmes and media in its pursuit of its Vision and Mission. He/she will support the core administrative functions and manage the day-to-day operations in the Divisional Director’s Office.
• Manage and provide personal assistance support to the Divisional Director, including scheduling, leave updates, training records and travel arrangements.
• Maintain confidential documents and records.
• Provide administrative support to the senior leadership team for the bi-annual purchase of mobile phone contract and iPads. Track and liaise with the telco and personal assistants on the monthly bills.
• Provide secretariat support for key committees or meetings chaired by the Divisional Director.
• Coordinate with ACIS departments for data collection, progress reports collations and submissions.
• Assist to review, develop and establish internal procedures and guidelines as well as draft policies, reports and papers for the Divisional Director’s Office.
• Provide secretariat, operational and administrative support to NIE Data Protection Officer and the working committee. Assist to address enquiries and collate and review submissions from NIE offices.
• Manage the budget, procurement and stocks of the office supplies and other purchases under the Office’s purview.
• Provide administrative and operational support in the planning and organisation of divisional events.
• Manage the Division’s role-based email accounts and respond to any queries received.
• Vet, draft and coordinate ICT communications and messages for the division.
• Provide administrative support for ACIS business continuity management and disaster recovery exercises/events.
• Provide workplace safety support for the Office, including conduct safety inspection, risk assessment and reporting of incidents.
• Any other administrative duties as assigned.
• A university degree in Business, Social Sciences, or equivalent.
• A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in administration. Experience in Higher Education would be an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe.
• Proficient in graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator is an advantage.
• Meticulous and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Good people management skills.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of bus routes and seats.
Work Experience Level:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
Experience in Higher Education