flexible work hours
health & wellness benefits
free food & beverages
personal development benefits
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites applicants for the position of Assistant Head (Research) in the Finance Department. This is a 3-year contract position.
Assistant Head (Research) - Finance Department (3-Year Contract) [NIE]
Reporting to Head/Finance, you will be responsible for the following functions:
• Administration of Research grant and projects of NIE.
• Administration of the financial project (WBS) modules in SAP and Research management system.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and management on budgets, reporting, outlook and cashflow.
• Collaborate with external funders and external auditors on grant matters.
• Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvements to enhance the financial management processes and procedures; through streamlining and automation.
• Provide financial advice to internal stakeholders.
• Supervision of staff.
• A University Degree in Accountancy or in Accounting major.
• At least 5 years of accounting and managerial experience.
• Must be a member of the ISCA (The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants).
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and writing skills.
• Strong conceptualization and analytical skills.
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and as a team player.
• Knowledge of SAP Hana S4 and SAP Concur would be an advantage.
The closing date of the advertisement is 8 December 2023.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Must be a member of the ISCA (The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants)
Nice to Have Skills:
At least 5 years of accounting and managerial experience