health & wellness benefits
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The National Institute of Education (NIE) invites suitable candidates to join the Division of Academic Computing & Information Services (ACIS) as an Analyst Programmer/ Systems Analyst. This is a 2-year contract position.
We are seeking a dynamic IT professional who excels as both a team player and a proficient software designer.
- Provide continuous support and maintenance for Research Operation Management System (ROMS), consistently enhancing system functionalities to meet evolving user requirements, optimizing their experience, and contributing to the system's overall effectiveness.
- Engage users to gather requirements, present recommendations, and deliver effective solutions.
- Involved in every stage of application analysis, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Collaborate with IT teams and external vendors on software/server upgrade and migration activities.
- Supervise and manage on-site vendors and ensure their adherence to established service agreements and quality standards.
- Ensure the validation of changes through program testing, and where applicable, contributing to System Integration Testing (SIT) and Usability Testing.
- Develop comprehensive test plans, scripts, and materials for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Create user manuals, and training guides, and oversee user training sessions.
- Adhere to application and infrastructure security compliance, along with broader information security policies.
- Handle security vulnerabilities, encompassing identification, prioritisation, and effective implementation of necessary fixes, while ensuring alignment with institute policies.
- A University Degree in Information Systems or its equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in undertaking business analysis in a large-scale systems development project environment.
- 1-2 years in full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) background, including hands-on experience in software development.
- Proficiency in comprehending and interpreting high-level business requirement documents, encompassing process maps and high-level use cases.
- Capability to translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications.
- Demonstrate experience in collaborating with faculty members, researchers, IT infrastructure teams, and solution providers to effectively deliver IT projects and facilitate ongoing system maintenance.
- Knowledge of research grants life cycle domain a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of OpenText™ Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) or Business Process Management (BPM) tools and system integration is an advantage.
- Experience in IT project management life cycle is valuable.
- Knowledge of hands-on programming skills in scripting languages and SQL is favourable.
- Supplementary experience in low-code development, and familiarity with areas such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and Data Visualisation, are beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical skills, coupled with a systemic approach to problem-solving.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-motivated team player, displaying positivity and adaptability to change.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of bus routes and seats.
Req ID: R00014724