The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The National Institute of Education (NIE) invites a suitable candidate to join the Division of Academic Computing & Information Services (ACIS) as an Analyst Programmer/Systems Analyst. This is a 2-year contract post.
The candidate should be a dynamic IT professional who is a good team player and a strong software designer.
As a member of the Digital Solutions Department, your responsibilities include:
- Application Development and Support
1. Analyse, design, develop, test and implement the application systems within
the project timeframe and in accordance to users’ requirements.
2. Maintain existing in-house applications.
3. Ensure applications conform to Data Governance, IT Audit and Security
- Collaborate with IT teams on implementation and deployment of applications.
- Focus on good code quality and high-test coverage and participate in code reviews.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs to meet specifications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing applications.
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer, software engineer, or similar role.
- Entry-level applicants are welcome to apply.
- Quick learner who is passionate and willing to learn new languages and technologies.
- Good self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and flexibility in adapting to changes.
- Ability to manage IT projects independently.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and fluid requirements.
- Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and Agile software development methodology.
- Robust knowledge of .Net coding language.
- Relevant experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g., Hibernate).
- Possessing the following skillsets will give the applicant added advantage:
1. Experience in RPA (Robotic Process Automation)
2. Experience in data visualization
3. Experience in low code development platform
4. Experience in software integration with APIs
- NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Req ID: R00014871
Nice to Have Skills:
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and Agile software development methodology