ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites applications for the Administrative Manager position in the Policy, Curriculum and Leadership (PCL) Academic Group.
- Provide executive and administrative support to the Head of Academic Group.
- Oversee the general administration of the department, including staff matters.
- Assist the Head in recruitment, re-appointment, and performance management matters.
- Assist the programme coordinators in timetabling.
- Assist the practicum coordinators with practicum workload.
- Manage the workload and budget for Part-time Lecturers.
- Manage staff training and associated development.
- Assist the Head with drafting various reports.
- Support the Head with developing research and scholarly initiatives.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Head.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least two years of administrative experience, preferably in an educational institution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Committed and with a positive learning attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and work within tight timelines.
- Some familiarity with academic research work will be an advantage.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Strong verbal and written communication skills