Job Role & Responsibilities
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high-quality learning takes place.
- Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
- Responsible for all aspects of classroom management maintains a tidy, well-organised room.
- Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
- Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
- Collaborate with principal and teaching staff to establish and develop effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios.
- Build positive links with parents of children in their care.
- Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
- Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school.
- Guide, motivate and monitor assistant teachers in carrying out their tasks.
- Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all children and in particular, those within your designated class group.
- Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provides mutual respect and tolerance
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (Teaching) or its equivalent with 5 GCE ‘O’ Levels with Language subject at Grade B4.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a pre-school environment.
- Knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of inquiry based learning is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We seek only passionate and dedicated educators who want to make a difference in children's learning.
Working Location: Islandwide
We offer a competitive remuneration package plus benefits to the right candidate. Successful candidates will have opportunity for course sponsorship for further upgrading. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to send your updated resume in MS Word to us via APPLY button.